Second Sunday of Easter
Second Sunday of Easter –
4. That night the apostles met in fear;
Amidst them came their Lord most dear,
And said, “My peace be on all here.” Alleluia!
5. When Thomas first the tidings heard,
How they had seen the risen Lord,
He doubted the disciples’ word. Alleluia~
6. “My wounded side, O Thomas, see;
Behold my hands my feet,” said he;
“Not faithless but believing be.” Alleluia!
7. No longer Thomas then denied;
He saw the feet the hands the side;
“You are my Lord and God,” he cried. Alleluia!
8. Now blest are they who have not seen,
And yet whose faith has constant been,
For they eternal life shall win. Alleluia!
~Hymn: O filii et filiae; Jean Tisserand, d. 1494; tr. by John M. Neale.
~Image: The Incredulity of Saint Thomas by Caravaggio